OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS (Contd)
OPERATING CBT OR LPU IN EXTREME DUST, SAND, AND DESERT
1. During operation in extreme conditions, change air filter and oil filter more
frequently. Refer to Pallet Maintenance Procedures, WP 0048 00.
2. Check air filter and clean more frequently as necessary. Refer to Pallet
3. Clean sand from pallet and bridge prior to operation (WP 0046 00). Ensure
sand stuck to greased areas is removed and those areas are properly
OPERATE LPU IN EXTREME HEAT (MAINTAIN BATTERIES)
Monitor LOW BATTERY CHARGE warning or LOW ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
VOLTAGE caution messages on LPU control box and pallet Remote Control Unit
(RCU) display screen.
RETRIEVAL OF MIRED BRIDGE
If ramp ends of bridge are stuck with dirt and mud once
raised from gap, clean ramp ends of bridge prior to
retracting bridge onto pallet, or damage to equipment
1. Remove dirt, mud, and debris from around sides and end of bridge to reduce
suction when bridge is raised during retrieval.
2. Follow standard bridge retrieval procedures. Refer to Bridge Retrieval,
3. Clean sand from pallet and bridge prior to operation. Refer to WP 0046 00.
Ensure sand stuck to greased areas is removed and those areas are properly
OPERATION OF RCU UNDER BLACKOUT CONDITIONS
1. Place RCU control panel buttons light switch in OFF position. Refer to
Settings for night vision equipment are: contrast "40" and
2. Using RCU menu system buttons (refer to WP 0007 00), adjust LCD screen
brightness values as follows:
a. Depress F1 button. Then depress ESC button until "LCD SETTINGS" mode
b. Depress F1 button to select "CONTRAST" or "LIGHT" mode.
c. Depress UP or DN button to change brightness value of LCD screen.
END OF WORK PACKAGE